RIP Betsy Palmer

Was so saddened to learn about the passing of actress Betsy Palmer, best known for portraying Pamela Voorhees in Friday the 13th and Friday the 13th Part II. She was 88 and died of natural causes at a hospice care centre in Connecticut on Friday 29th May. She is survived by her daughter, Melissa Merendino.

I have had the privilege of meeting Palmer a few years back. She blew me away for her kindness and gratefulness. She really loved her fans and could talk for hours about Friday the 13th and and of her other body of work. She was such a joy to be around. I spent a good 30 minutes chatting with her that day. How many celebrities do you know that would do that.

And after talking to her about her appearance on the love boat and most of all Murder She Wrote and how I jumped for joy saying to my Grandma she was from Friday the 13th!!! Besty laughed hard and gave me the biggest warmest hug and kissed me on the check thanking me for the trip down memory lane. I really loved meeting her and hoped to see her again someday. May she find peace, She will be missed.

I will mourn the loss of such a wonderful woman.


2 comments:

  1. She did aid in the creation of a truly great "Movie Monster".... well, she turned out to be the one doing the killings....
    ... a memorable performance (even though she was only on screen for about ten minutes....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never a big slasher movie fan (I know, hanging my head in shame), but I knew Betsy from the '50's/60's "I've Got a Secret" back when Game Show Network used to show Sunday Night in Black & White. Always thought she was classy.

    ReplyDelete