He's Back With A Vengeance!

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
1989 | Color | 96 Minutes | 1.85:1 | R | Horror | Dolby | Anchor Bay

Source: Blu-Ray


Director: Dominique Othenin-Girard

Writers: Michael Jacobs

Stars: 
Donald Pleasence
Danielle Harris
Ellie Cornell

It's one year later after the events of Halloween 4. Michael survives the shootings and on October 31st he returns with a vengeance. Lurking and stalking, Jamie, Rachel, and Rachel's friends, Michael forms a plan to lure Jamie out of the children's hospital where events lead up to the confrontation at the Myers house. Halloween 5 is a dark, thrill ride that will scare the heck out of you!



Ok, here we go again, another Halloween movie with that bad subplot. But before I bitch about the demon aspect lets talk about the good, well what there was anyway.

The gore and death season's where very cool in this movie and much more creative in so many ways over the 4th installment. As well as the pace, this pace did a much better job keeping you in the movie. The jump scares were very well done and even tho I have watched this before more than once I was caught off guard. The look and feel of the movie did a good job of keeping you in the movie at all times. Now the bad...


Look at this dang mask! Not one bit scary why brush the hair back like that? Daniel Harris still drives you crazy in this movie I don't know why but she just does. Donald Pleasence seems to be getting sick of making Halloween movies he really comes off like a jack dog. The late 80's soundtrack does not hold up very well eathier. Then there is the whole Demon thing it drives me crazy! Why do people hate Rob Zombies Halloween so much and like 4, 5, and 6! And at one time I would have to say I'm a die hard Halloween fan. Maybe it's just the first 3 that I'm a fan of. And those three are why I think Michael is the best kill ever! 

I did like this movie much better than the 4th one and Michael alone is the saving grace I just can not get past the subplot I much rather see him as a boogie man!

3 Bloody Brains out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment