Dumb Happens!

Dumb and Dumber To
2014 | Color | 109 Minutes | 1.85:1 | PG-13 | Comedy | Dolby Digital | Universal 

Directors: 
The Farrelly Brothers Peter & Bobby

Writers: 
Sean Anders

Stars: 
Jim Carrey
Jeff Daniels
Rob Riggle
Laurie Holden
Rachel Melvin

It's been 20 years and Harry Dunn has found something out - he has a daughter! Lloyd Christmas, his equally dim-witted friend, takes one look at a picture of her, develops a crush, and insists the two track her down. What ensues when Harry finally agrees is a bizarre encounter with an old lady and more hilarity because of their sheer stupidity.

Ok, don't judge me too quickly because the following things I'm going to say will make you click away from my site or make you think I dropped off the deep end. So first off I hate Dumb and Dumber to the point that I do not understand why everybody loves it. But with that being said I really like Dumb and Dumberer When Harry met Lloyd a lot like if it's on TV I will sit and watch it. I don't know to me it's a fun movie. Now the sequel is out so why not give it a shot?

Well, an hour into the movie and all I could think is why did I start watching this! UGH! They try so hard to make dumb jokes funny. It's PG-13 so really what is the point of Poop and Fart jokes? If this was PG I get it. The sex jokes are funny but again why? The early plot of them getting back together to go on a quest lacks any substance. But wait there is more....

Yeah I thought this was funny

Lloyd needs to find his daughter that he has never meet and ask her for a kidney. So the new subplot gets moving at a much better pace. It was pretty cool seeing Laurie Holden playing a sweet yet badass female lead. She rock's her part and takes a big step back from her Walking Dead role. And then there is Zombeaver star Rachel Melvin who is incredibly hot in this movie as well! If we do not see more of her soon it will be a travesty. Along with Rob Riggle, they bring the movie back to life. 

Laurie Holden and Rob Riggle

Sure we still get the poop and fart jokes along the way but the movie gets smart and a whole lot easier to watch. Still not the greatest movie ever but not a bad one as well. They sure do a lot of references to the first movie that is funny if you catch them. Not much more to say other than I liked this movie not as much as the prequel but not bad. If you can get past the first 40 minutes it gets better.

Rachal Melvin

Rachal I give you and this Dumb movie...


No comments:

Post a Comment