Horizon Summer Camp and Post number 600!

Holly cow I'm a little shocked that I made it to 600. I know my blog is hit and miss so I will take this milestone. I know I really get this bad boy kicking in late September through the first of the year. Looking forward to this October the mild weather this summer has me ready. Just not ready for winter ugh.

Over 200 of my new friends and family

I wanted to share a few photo's of the great time I had this summer at Association of Horizon Camp. Those that know me know that I did MDA summer camp for almost 20 years. I took the past 10 years off to start my own family. Also I did not help that my camper Steve turned 21 and was to old for camp. In those 10 years Steve and I stayed close we have done Flashback Weekend together as we as Comic Con.

My sister was a big voice in getting back and bring Steve with me as Horizon Camp is for everybody.

Although Horizon has existed for many years, the current organization was formed in 1991 in response to a cut in funding that kept adults with disabilities from attending the Muscular Dystrophy Association summer camp. Horizon has since successfully produced Summer Camp Programs for adults with a wide range of physical disabilities including Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy and Multiple Sclerosis. (Source Horizon website)

One of the fun things for me is that this is the same camp that I started going to back in 1985 when I was a young teen. Camp has truly made me who I am today. I'm so proud to be back and can't believe I have been gone for so long.

My Bunk Mates for the Week

Steve and I
Carnival Night Don't ask


The first Prank of the week




Its a family thing Me, Dad, Heather, and Eric

My new buddy

Steve and Heather

The old Cedar boys. 


These ladies are the love of my camp life.

I promise a few more photos and videos to come soon. What a great week. We are already planning Fall Weekend in September and I can not wait to see everybody again.




No comments:

Post a Comment