Brothers become legends.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
2014 | Color | 101 Minutes | 2.35.1 | PG-13 | Action | Dolby Digital | Paramount Pictures


Director: Jonathan Liebesman

Writers: Josh Appelbaum

Stars: 
Megan Fox
Will Arnett
William Fichtner

Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O'Neil and her cameraman Vern Fenwick to save the city and unravel Shredder's diabolical plan.

So not sure where to start with this. I wanted to love this movie. I was a fan of the cartoon's and the first two movies. When the trailers hit early this year I was not sure how I felt about the new look of the turtles. A few minutes in the look of them was not the problem in fact they come off pretty cool. The plot on the other hand was horrific. 


I feel like the plot is so all over the place within the first 20 minutes. They cram everything at you just to get into the action. Now the action scenes are fun at times and hard to watch the other times.For example the final battle is over the top CG that moves way to fast that this guy could not keep up. It is also the main reason I do not like the Transformers movies. You're never too sure where to watch or what you're seeing. And it was not just me my 6 year old struggled as well.

Overall I did not hate it but sure did not love it! It's worth a look when it hits cable or gets over played on Nickelodeon. I must admit that I had Vanilla Ice looping in my head Go Ninja Go Ninja Go... But this was surely not the way I wanted to kick off my I'm on vacation and plan to get caught up on a lot of movies before the end of the year! On the bright side it can't get any worse than this.

3 Bloody Brains out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment